- The very very very slow man who doesn’t let anyone pass at the end
- The man doing a very asymmetrical breaststroke who decides to overtake the people stuck behind 1, no matter what’s going on around him and how little space there is to do so
- The man who, stuck behind 1, decides to kick as hard as he can, creating as much splash as he can, regardless of the person (ie me) right behind him
- The man whose average speed really should have put him in the medium lane
- The women not swimming, clinging to the end, yakking and blocking everyone’s way
- The man who gets his kicks by speeding up to overtake at the end of the lane, then setting off really slowly and blocking the way for the next length
- The numerous people who swim towards the middle of the shared lane instead of keeping to their side, with really weird wide strokes who kept punching/kicking me as they went past
On the other hand, I did 1km tonight in 26m40s, an average time per 50m length of 1m20s. I think that’s the fastest I’ve managed for a km over 50m lengths.