Thank you very much to Tracy at Fit, Feminist and (almost) Fifty, who has suggested this blog for a Versatile Blogger Award. I hadn’t heard of the awards, and having seen who else she has nominated, I’m very flattered. Especially because this blog is mainly just me muttering about stuff, with semi-colons.
The rules of accepting the award are:
- Display the award on your blog
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
- Post seven things about yourself.
The fifteen blogs I have decided to nominate are linked by nothing more than the fact that I enjoy reading them – because they make me laugh, or make me think, or they say things I agree with, or they make me adjust my beliefs. In no particular order, here they are
- Fit, Feminist and (almost) Fifty
- Pride’s Purge
- Another Angry Woman
- Media Diversified
- Dances With Fat
- My Elegant Gathering of White Snows
- Feminist Philosophers
- A Girl Called Jack
- Left at the Lights
- London Feminist
- Never Seconds
- Edinburgh Eye
Seven things about myself
- I have not seen my hair’s natural colour since about 1984
- I am 99% certain I will be voting Yes in the independence referendum, because I believe that will give us the best chance of creating a fairer, more socially inclusive, less unequal society
- Swimming is my favourite exercise, for my body and mind
- My relationship is long distance. Sometimes I really like that and sometimes I hate it
- My dad wanted to call me Ursula, after Ursula Andress, but my mum put her foot down.
- I believe that every employee should join the most appropriate trade union, and then be as active as they can manage – especially women
- I wish George Michael would come round my house every night and sing to me