Inspired by something I saw on facebook or elsewhere online, last year I put a glass jar on the mantelpiece, and every time something nice happened, I wrote it on a bit of paper and put the paper in the jar. Now it’s time to look back over the pieces of paper and see what I thought was worth writing down. Pulling them out of the jar randomly –
- 30/07/16 – Ghostbusters!
- 29/09/16 – the halal butcher gave me a massive bag of chicken offcuts for the cat and didn’t charge me
- 15/01/16 – client gave me a massive panettone
- 07/05/16 – weekend in York for my dad’s 70th birthday party
- 24/09/16 – bought a new piece of furniture from Ikea, assembled it myself, and then covered the top of it in plants
- 11/04/16 – swimming coach didn’t make a single correction to my butterfly technique (other than a reminder to point my toes) and when I asked why he wasn’t saying anything, he said he didn’t need to because I was doing it right
- 13/03/16 – lovely cuddle with the cat before getting out of bed (several more of these)
- 29/08/16- took the cat for a walk in the Queen’s Park and he scampered around in the grass while I read my book
- 01/12/16 – a client who has been quite difficult at times apologised for his behaviour and gave me a home-made curry
- 14/03/16 – managed 2 x 15m of full stroke butterfly
- 22/09/16 – allowed to bring the cat home after an overnight stay at the vet
- 01/09/16 – saw an exhibition of Royal fashion through the decades with my mum at Holyrood palace
- 30/08/16 – went through to Dunbar and spent time with my mum, her sister and brother in law, and his parents who are well into their 90s
- 08/04/16 – student finished placement and left a very thoughtful card and a positive evaluation
That’s a nice variety!